Hola,
I don't have much news to report for this week. On Friday, we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders. Sometimes I love exchanges, most times I don't.
We have a great investigator right now, Lorenzo. He is the father of a member in the branch. He is old but is mentally all there, which is unusual for Mexicans. He's doing really good. We've also started teaching a cool part member family and we just keep focusing on finding.
We went to Denny's.
On Saturday morning, we got a call from one of the counselors in the branch presidency asking us if we could speak in sacrament meeting the following day in Spanish. We accepted. The topic was Jesus Christ, which is a little broad. I talked about developing Christ-like attributes. We did our best to prepare Saturday night and during the English ward on Sunday morning. I think it went good. I was the first speaker and spoke for about 15 minutes. We were pretty nervous. My companion was so nervous he almost took the sacrament before the branch president. I pulled his hand away just in time! My companion did great as well on his talk and between the two of us we filled the time.
Love,
Elder Wiest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment