Some where in New Mexico


Joseph's mission to Albuquerque, New Mexico

This blog is to help friends and family keep up on Joseph while he is on his mission. I will add letters and pictures as I get them. Enjoy and write him whenever you can.

Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010

Hola!

We had a good week. The work is going good. We taught like 30 lessons this week.

This past week we had the ward Thanksgiving party on Friday. We invited everyone! We had 9 people come. We were scrambling to find everyone a seat. We’re teaching this mom and her kids. She came with two of her daughters and one of the daughter’s friends, and a niece and nephew. I was pretty pumped. After every ward or branch event I’m reminded how well the Mexicans can party. It was the weirdest Thanksgiving party ever -- Mexican drinking songs and rap music. That would never fly in a white ward, but our crazy investigators felt right at home so it was good. It’s pretty easy to get people to come Church when there is free food but for real Church no one shows up.

This past week we got a great referral from Salt Lake. She’s probably going to get baptized pretty soon. Her name is Maria and she has two kids, both over 8.

I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders on Saturday. I went with Elder Cuello, he’s from Argentina. We had a ton of fun. We ate 5 meals that day. Breakfast and lunch with an investigator who said we could come back for carne asada later. Elder Cuello can't pass that up. Then another lunch with a recent convert who we did service for. He also invited us back for some special hamburgers. WELL, we ended up going back for those burgers and back for the carne asada. It was amazing. We also did more service that day for another investigator. I got to use an axe!

For Thanksgiving, we're going to go to the El paso Thanksgiving parade and then the stake here cleans the street afterwards so we'll help clean-up and get a free t-shirt. Then, we'll probably play more football with our branch president and also eat with him and whoever else invites us over. It sounds like we might have a few places to eat on Thanksgiving. I’m pretty excited.


Love,


Elder Wiest

No comments:

Post a Comment