
Hola,
Well...I have a new companion, Elder Bishop. This is still his first transfer so I'm like half training him, I guess. He is a good kid and it will be fun to serve with him for a little bit.
I've realized that when we do a lot of work there isn't much cool stuff to email home about. We taught lots of lessons this week, found lots of new investigators, and knocked on lots of doors!
We've been teaching this crazy lady, named Rita. She might be a witch. But regardless, we saw her on Thursday and we made a haul! She gave us 7 mini plastic pumpkins, one bottle of hair gel, two bowls of ice cream, a toaster oven, and an aloe plant. We refuse to take money but I love taking people's junk1 Also, I got a cool Bible this week from a crazy "prophet" man. It's a long story, but somehow I'm good at hustling people.
Yesterday we had a pretty fun experience at Church. We went to Gospel Principles in the 2nd hour and there was no teacher. Hmmmmmmmm. Long story short, me and my greenie taught the class. The lesson was on how families can be eternal. We did a pretty good job, considering we didn't prepare or read the lesson and it was all in Spanish. We had 4 members, 3 investigators, and 4 missionaries in the class. It was fun, but I'll be okay if we don't have to do it ever again.
Love,
Elder Wiest
No comments:
Post a Comment