Some where in New Mexico


Joseph's mission to Albuquerque, New Mexico

This blog is to help friends and family keep up on Joseph while he is on his mission. I will add letters and pictures as I get them. Enjoy and write him whenever you can.

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28, 2010

Hi,

Well, this past week was pretty dang awesome. Tuesday was probably of of the most fun and best days of my mission. We got to go to the Gila Valley Temple for the day. We left at about 6 am and drove, stopped at McDonalds, and drove some more. It took about 4 hours to get there. We were packed 6 deep in the Zone Leaders truck. That was probably one of the best parts. We just sang country songs and slept the whole way. We got to the Gila Valley about 2 hours early so we went to a LDS bookstore and then went to our session. It's a small temple, but very nice. It was awesome to be somewhere clean and quiet because everywhere we go, eat, and sleep is dirty and noisey in El Paso. Then we had a little testimony meeting and last good-byes with the Mission President and ate at a little pizza place. We started our journey home and made a few stops on the way. It was fun just spending time with the other Elders and driving through the desert.

Even though we had 2 P-days this week we still got a lot of work done. We had two investigators at Church yesterday. Both of them are older Mexican ladies. I think it's pretty funny. I think they both liked it. One of them asked if she could pay tithing yesterday and asked how we do it. I showed her the envelopes and told her she didn't have to until she was a member and that we'd come by and talk about it this week. I didn't have much faith in that lady last week but she seems pretty solid.

Yesterday, Mexico played Argentina in the World Cup. So in Elders quorum there were only ten people, including the teacher. Six were missionaries. I love Mexicans. Unfortunately, Mexico lost and is out.

Yesterday was my half-birthday!! I am accepting belated half-birthday presents, fyi. This week I'll hit my six month mark, pretty dang cool if you ask me. A lot has happened in these past few months but its definitely gone by way fast. Time is definitely warped for missionaries.

Also, this week on July 1st the Mission changes. Albequerque here we come! Word on the street says there isn't that much Espanol up in Albequerque so I'll probably be spening a lot of time down here near the border but I don't know for sure. Anyways, I love you all.


Elder Wiest

No comments:

Post a Comment